Toggle menu

Frequently asked questions

Here you'll find answers to the questions we get asked the most.



Q: Do we have a mobile recycling site in Selsey?

A: Yes. Once a fortnight the Mobile Waste Recycling Site visits East Beach Car Park. 

Q: Who do I speak to about pavement and road surface issues?

A: Faults on the highways including uneven paving slabs, pot holes, obstructions on footpaths etc. should be reported to the WSCC Highways Authority on 01243 777100.

Q: How can I find out when my bins get collected?

A: Household waste bins are collected by Chichester District Council, you can find details of waste collection dates on their website. However we can also help you and print these details out for you, simply pop into our offices for more details.

Q: How can I get a green bin?

A: Green bins are organised through Chichester District Council on 01243 785166. However we can help you apply for a green bin if you visit our offices.

Q: The street light outside my house isn't working. Who can I contact?

A: To report a street lighting fault call 01243 605803. It would be helpful if you had the column number (painted on the lamp) handy when you called.

Q: How can I find out about roadworks and road closures?

A: Details of all roadworks and road closures can be found by visiting Roadworks and projects 

Q: Who should I contact to report fly tipping?

A: fly tipping issues are managed by Chichester District Council.

Q: Can I put dog waste in a normal black bin?

A: Yes you can. Dog waste can either go in the red dog waste bins or in a normal black rubbish bin, we would politely ask all members of our community to pick up after their dogs. For more advice and information visit Dog advice and information.

Q:The traffic lights in the town are not working. Who will repair them?

A: All traffic signals are maintained by West Sussex County Council. Call 0845 712 5415 to report any faults.

Q: Where are emergency defibrillators located within Selsey?

A: Details of defibirllator locations can be found by visiting Selsey First Responders.

Q: I keep getting cold callers knocking on my door?

A: If you feel threatened or bothered call 999 (if an emergency) or Sussex 101 and report to the police. Print out the poster to the right and put up in a visible place on your property.

Q: I have an issue with pests/wasps, who can help?

A: For help and advice dealing with household pests contact the District Council on 01243 785166 and they can make an appointment for a Pest Control Officer to call.

Q: I have a swarm of bees in my garden, what should I do?

A: The British Beekeepers Association can provide help and guidance including details of your nearest 'swarm' Collector! Visit The British BeeKeepers Association for more information.